Yummy Organic Brown Rice



 
Recipe Tonight:
Yummy Organic Brown Rice

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Organic Brown Rice:  (mine’s from Costco, and I need to figure out how to use it all up LOL!)
Red Onion
Olive Oil
Cerrano Pepper (my lil’ fambam enjoy things a wee bit spicy)
2 1/2 cans Chicken Broth

Tonight I had a hankering for some plain good rice, and this recipe is  based on what I had on hand in the fridge and pantry.  I started early, (in fact it’s simmering now when I had the idea to place on Pinterest) as I know It’ll cook for longer than regular rice . 

First I:
Start with the olive oil in a big pot over medium heat.  Place chopped onions in and start a cookin’.  They need to  soften way up so a good 15 min or so while adding in the hot pepper (leave out if you are a yellow belly!) ,  and any seasonings you like.  I happen to want a slight Indian flav because it is sooooo good and versatile. Some salt, pepper, paprika, turmeric, garlic, a pinch of masala.  Garbanzo’s, Kidney’s and any other kind of bean is good in here as well as peas or carrots depending on what your family likes or what you have on hand.  After simmering, add chicken broth and beans if you want them, cover and reduce to Low-Medium, then set the timer for about 25 minutes to start and ADD water after that point if needed.  Reduce heat to low for another 20-30 minutes depending on how soft you like your rice and fluff .
Just wanted to share with you on this lovely Sunday evening,  those who enjoy hearing me share :) 
Love, Ashley

Comments